I've been doing a lot of thinking about something you said at Loyd's visitation.
I think that you and Loyd had the kind of love that lasts forever.
Coming into your lives after his sports career I could tell that you were the center of his universe and he wanted to be where ever you were. Whether you were sitting at home or out for dinner he was happy and proud to have you by his side.
Watching him tease you with that little twinkle in his eye...just waiting for your response. He loved to get you going and I think it helped him to know you would be OK when he was gone.
The road ahead maybe hard but just remember that he loved you, he was proud of you and his spirit will always be there for you.
Love, Karen
To Loyd,
Thank you for accepting me into the Shaffer family. For this quiet and shy girl your teasing took a bit to get used to but hearing your laughter made it easier to take.
Thank you for showing me what a loving marriage is all about. The highs and lows and getting through it all. I'd never experienced anything as happy and loving as what you had with Marty. I can only hope that Boyd and I can come close to what you had.
Thank you for everything else you taught me about life. While we didn't always agree, your perspective often made me stop and think and reexamine my opinion.
I love you and miss you!
Karen
P.S. I now think of wrestling as a sport.
I asked Boyd to read these while I was at work today he texted me & I quote "I just read your letters to Marty and Loyd. Now I can't stop crying. They are awesome".
-----------------
Rereading this I am so glad that I got up at 3 AM and wrote all of this out. I never would have remembered everything to write it out in the morning.
Note to self, when I have that nagging feeling that I need to get up and write something down, I really need to get up and write that something down.
1 comment:
Karen:
These letters are beautiful! And what a great way to process through some of your feelings during all of this. And helpful to Boyd as well.
He can feel your love but with these letters he gets to "hear" your voice and process it on a different level than you just "telling" him through talking.
One day at a time, one step at a time...
Post a Comment