I find it hard to believe that this is the eve of our 9th wedding anniversary. Some days it feels like we've been together for ages and other like it was just yesterday. Either way it's all good.
We tried to have fun with our wedding and I still have good memories of that day.
Only a couple of glitches but my handy family worked them all out. Dad ironed my wedding dress (oops) at my mom's house while we left for the rehearsal. The handle broke off of my bouquet and my brother found a pencil to use instead - luckily the photographer had some white duct tape to cover it. :) My oldest nephew had the wrong size shirt and I was adamant that my sister in law call the tux shop because they screwed up - the bride was right.
Those are some of my favorite memories. Others include my dad taking pictures of Boyd and I looking at the clock several minutes before the wedding. He was the best scrapping buddie when it came to picture ideas! Having Dad sing one of my favorite songs is another precious memory. Watching my nephews with the John Deere pedal tractor - seeing J pedal and N reach out to steer. Then seeing J grab the stuffed penguin out of the wagon and run to his mom. Awww.
Most of all I remember trying NOT to look into Boyd's eyes when I said certain parts of the vows because I knew we would both start laughing uncontrollably. It happened in the rehearsal - seriously we tried saying them for 20-30 mins.
Of course we had the Unity candle nightmare - they really should make you try it during the rehearsal! We dripped too much wax on the candle and I ended up putting mine down. Boyd was bound and determined to light it....he did :)
The reception and dance was so fun, I remember sitting back and just watching everything going on and smiling. The first dance...we tried to two step for about 4 turns and after tripping on my dress and getting dizzy decided to just dance.
The father daughter dance....my dad wasn't there. It wasn't until the middle of the song that I realized he went to take a sunset picture for me. I danced the first dance with my brother in law Loyd. Later they played the song again so Dad and I could dance. I hope that I never forget him singing the words to Butterfly Kisses to me and getting too choked up to finish.
Happy Anniversary Boydie!
I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment