Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall is officially here

I know that I shouldn't but I love fall. I love the crisp mornings when I see frost on the ground - esp this year with all the fall allergy craziness. The smell of chocolate is strong on the frosty mornings. YUMM! The colors ranging from green, yellow, orange and that deep orangy red of the maple trees. The crunch of the leaves under my feet and being able to wear sweatshirts.

I have had a very slow crafting week. Of course it didn't help that I was sick and actually worked from home all week. :-( I'm glad I have the option but it was a very bad work time for me to be out.

This weekend I have found that I really missed my 15 mins of sewing/crafting. I had been averaging that most of the last few weeks. And it's not for lack of projects. More of lack of energy to start one. On Saturday I tried to layout a project and I just wasn't feeling it. Loved the fabric and thought it would work when I was at the store. Coming home it just wasn't working for me - I see something else for the blocks but I'm not sure what. :-(

I still having found *the* project I want to make. Well there is one but I don't have the fabric needed to make it work - I have 3/4 of what I need and the last 1/4 is where the work is. lol story of my life it seems.

Today I actually had a short urge to go to the scrapbook room. Thinking about the state of the area did me in. It's going to take a bit to get things back in order. My urge was to scrap so organizing and cleaning wouldn't have helped.


Organizing is in order in all areas of my house. 15 mins in each would take to long and I don't know where to start. Having a sparkling kitchen sink doesn't help or inspire me. I read somewhere that the bedroom is the best place to start. This week we did a deep clean in the bedroom and I've yet to move the accessories back in. I admit that I'm liking the clean look ie no jewelry box, dish, or socks on top of my dresser. Actually there are some quilts stacked on it right now and I do like that look. Something different for awhile anyway.

.... Sunday night is such a harsh mistress sometimes. Seems like the last 3 hours fly by and it's after 10 PM CST before I know it. Today it didn't help that the dogs didn't have supper till 8:30 ..... what a day - lots accomplished and for the most part got done what I/we needed to.

No comments: