Wednesday, January 2, 2013

One Little Word 2013 edition

As 2012 was drawing to a close I began thinking about what word I wanted to focus on this year.  I was drawn to the following but none of them were feeling right...

* dream
* grow
* celebrate
* explore
* fierce - brave

On the main day of my word quest I ended up in the garage talking to Boyd and said I was thinking of using dream but didn't really want to since I've used it before. I was a little drawn to Grow but it didn't feel right.  He threw out a few and then he said....

PROSPER

After pondering it for a day it totally fits what I (we) want for the year! To become strong and flourish and to succeed/thrive!
 

Definition of PROSPER

intransitive verb
1
: to succeed in an enterprise or activity; especially : to achieve economic success
2
: to become strong and flourishing 
transitive verb
: to cause to succeed or thrive

Thesaurus of PROSPER

to grow vigorously prospering
on the new fertilizers>
Synonyms burgeon (also bourgeon), flourish, prosper
2
to reach a desired level of accomplishment prosper
after years of crushing setbacks>
Related Words prevail, triumph, win; excel

No comments: