Friday, June 13, 2008

Flood of 08 - June 12

The great cleanup has begun with rumors of more flooding and a crest on Sat. There are piles all over town with debris from homes and businesses.

My brother was in town helping his friend clean out his business so we stopped into help out. They had already washed everything down but it's weird working in a downtown business with out lights. We helped to pull up the old linoleum and then pull or hammer in the nails. I kept thinking an area was done and then we'd sweep and I'd get my pant leg caught on another nail or I'd step on one.

The side walks downtown were barely passable with everything from the different businesses. There were computers, cubicle walls, chairs bookcases, desks, carpeting, flooring, drywall, you name it and I think it was there.

Our internet was down today. It's amazing how much we rely on technology. No email, no checking the flood stage website, and of course no internet surfing.

I am so thankful that we didn't have water damage and that we were able to help out a little.

No pictures today they were all on film.

No comments: