Friday, December 12, 2008

December 11

Images from Christmas on Main. The local holiday event - a few years ago it was in the top 10 of an A&E Christmas special. Most of the stores downtown open their front windows to different groups/business to setup a Christmas postcard. They have hot spots in certain businesses and Nestle offers free hot cocoa and a place to warm up. At 20 degrees it *wasn't* to bad - last year it was an ice storm.

Little boy opening his John Deere tractor under the tree.
Photobucket

Live nativity on the side walk with mini donkeys and a small black lamb.
Photobucket

Fire box where they were roasting marshmallows for s'mores. Yum!
Photobucket

The local bakery making a gingerbread house.
Photobucket

My flamingo friend was directing the hand bell ladies - they were watching her and laughing.

Photobucket


I had a great time and lots of laughter with my flamingo friend. I saw several other friends and ran into one of Buddies favorite people - a vet tech at Dr. Andy's office. She was there with her dog Brittany handing out doggie treats.

They had the cutest golden/yellow lab puppies inside the theatre with red ribbons tied around their necks. There were 9 of them and most were sleeping, some on the floor and some in children's laps. I so wanted to bring one home - but I promised Boyd I'd wait until spring. We don't want to potty train in the winter. sigh!

I found out tonight that after leaving main street my flamingo friend fell and broke her hip while walking out to get her mail. She's at a local hospital and my heart breaks for her. She was planning on spending the weekend with her daughters and grandchildren getting a tree & decorating and then making Christmas cookies.

No comments: