This week I feel blessed to have all of the technology that we do.
Cordless phones, cell phones, computers, laptops, wireless computers, digital cameras, printers that can print photos, auto start on vehicles, tv, the internet, automatic garage door openers, auto car locks.
As a result of all of this technology I can
* cordless phones - talk to family and friends while wandering around the house.
* cell phones = hmm what to say. Mostly I'm thankful that they allow me to stay connected while on the road in case of problems.
* computers - it's my job ;)
* work from home on the cold snowy days when I don't feel comfortable driving to work.
* meet new friends online and stay connected with family and friends.
* printing pictures - cause then I can finish that great layout and not worry about saving it until the pics are developed.
* automatic garage door openers - with our cold weather and the wind I'm so glad I didn't have to get out and open the garage door. I remember doing that as a kid and I hated it.
* auto start - hello who doesn't like getting into a nice warm car? especially if you didn't have to go out to start it. ;)
* auto car locks - it makes life so much easier especially when you have your hands full.
I feel especially blessed to have all of this because I know my grandma and my mom did not grow up with any of these. Grandma use to tell me stories of riding in sleighs in the winter and if it was too cold they just stayed home. Mom tells me stories of sitting behind grandpa in the car and he would have to roll down the window for the arm signals (thank god for turn signals). Depending on the weather she would get wet or cold.
No comments:
Post a Comment