Wow I can not believe how much I packed into one day.
Due to lack of sleep and going to bed late I didn't get up until 10:51 AM. I haven't slept that late in forever. OK Technically I was up at 5:30 to get Boyd off to work but I wasn't that awake and went right back to bed.
So far today I've done this, in no particular order:
* opened all the curtains and let in the sun shine.
* took down the Christmas tree & decorations in our bedroom
* took down the Christmas decorations in the hallway
* took down the Christmas decorations in the bathroom - we have a 6 ft counter so it's a good spot for my favorite breakable stuff. :)
* made spaghetti
* unloaded the dishwasher
* loaded the dishwasher and ran it
* washed two loads of laundry - one is in the dryer and one is ready to be hung up.
* finished a scrapbook layout
* took Buddie out for a run - knuckle head made a run for it through the neighbors yard and out towards the new street. Momma was so not happy.
* walked out to get the mail
* surfed the net, checked email and read some of my favorite blogs.
Yes I still had half of my house decorated for Christmas when I woke up this morning. I was ready to take stuff down in January and Boyd asked if I would leave it up because it made the house feel homey. Now it's down to the main tree and the living room decorations - it takes 5 totes and I wasn't ready for that today.
I realized that watching cartoons from my generation is a good back drop for cleaning. I was surfing the net and watching some toons and realized I wanted to clean. Guess I know what I'm going to be watching err listening to on Saturday mornings from now on.
So spring cleaning has hit our household. Does anyone have a good plan for cleaning while working? I obviously need some help and we are the cleaning people. I tried some of the popular online plans and they just don't work for me. Also tried writing tasks on individual index cards and pulling different ones for each week and it doesn't work for Boyd so he talks me out of it too.
Plans for tomorrow include dusting and taxes - I don't like either one!
Off to enjoy a relaxing Saturday night - try to finish up dinner so it's ready for Boyd.
1 comment:
Sorry...the one program I use is really geared for the SAHM and I think as a working mom it would drive you batty (Motivated Moms is the program).
How 'bout any of the books out there by the Oprah gurus? There was Julie Morgenstern or Peter Walsh?
Post a Comment