Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two weeks

Since we lost Loyd, it seems like only yesterday and a lifetime ago at the same time. Most of the day my mind has been filled with thoughts of him, they started sneaking in when I was sitting down to start work this morning. Remembering his laugh and how he use to pick on me, seeing his sly smile when he was picking on someone and his big smile when I told him a story about Boyd.

We got some amazing news last night. Marty went back to work on Monday, yesterday she got a note from the High School football coach. Seems the entire team voted to put emblem stickers that say "Shaff" on the back of their helmets this fall. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON! I know it's a high school team but I think it's amazing. I found their fall schedule and I need to make sure that Boyd has that weekend off.

I gave Marty a copy of the letters I wrote to her and Loyd when we saw her on Sunday. She called Boyd at work tonight and said he married a great girl. =) Her oldest son read them when we were there on Sunday and he said they were really nice. Coming from a man of few words it was a good thing.

No comments: