Sunday, August 23, 2009

Missing Loyd

Today it's really hitting me again that we lost a much loved member of our family. Along with that we have lost a connection to DH nephews and great nephews. Everyone is busy with their own lives and Loyd was always our connection. Sharing stories of his grandsons and laughing his big laugh.

Loyd would have given Boyd so much flack about Favre joining the Vikings. Loyd loved to get both of us going about football. As we get closer to the start of the season, both NFL and Division I, I know it will be a hard time for Boyd. He always called Loyd to chat about the game or a certain play.

I try to be there for him but well I am not a Packer backer and it's hard to be positive about the Pack when they are a division rival. I do talk about the Hawkeyes but it's just not the same.

Wrestling season maybe the most difficult. I'm hoping that surviving the football season will get us (or me) more prepared for wrestling. I found out a friends hubby is into wrestling and I'm hoping to connect them. I know it won't be the same but I'm hoping that it will help.

I would love to figure out how to get the family together every couple of months. Since I don't live in the area it's hard. Plus Loyd's boys tend to be home bodies (like their Dad) and it's hard to get them to family things.

It's part of life I know but it's one of the parts I don't like.

No comments: