There is no ideal Christmas; only the one Christmas you
decide to make as a reflection of your values, desires,
affections, and traditions.
~ Bill McKibben
****************************************************************
Welcome home for the holidays is the topic for today.
Where have I felt the most cherished, delighted or welcome during the holidays?
Last night with sorority we toured four homes and I can honestly say I felt all of these things in all of their houses. Even though each person decorates a little different - some totally my style and others completely opposite. The warmth of the home owner made me feel at home.
My favorite homes are those where I feel like I can curl up in a chair and have a great chat with my friend. I like the trees that are a hodge podge of ornaments or a theme - the designer show piece trees are not my style.
***************************************************************
Remember: Do you remember making any specific recipe with older family members? What was the experience like?
I have a lot of memories related to food. My mom was always making something. Christmas time always reminds me of Chex Mix & Carmel corn. Mom always makes Chex Mix and stores it in 2 specific tins. Carmel corn is another family favorite it was always in the big green Tuperware fix n mix bowl. Lately Mom has started making another snack and it is in the big green Tupperware bowl. :(
A memory I have been thinking of a lot lately....one Christmas my aunt Jane from California was home. I remember her being at our house and asking me if I wanted to make sugar cookies. I remember helping her mix the dough and cutting out the cookies. It's becoming a favorite holiday memory. I have a feeling she was a bit overwhelmed by the end of cookie making. My brother and I could be a bit of a handful.
*************************************************************
For my holiday Do & Make....Today I brought in the Christmas trees for the living room. I also brought in the decorations for the western tree. I was happy to get it up and decorated within an hour. The main tree is up but not decorated. I also brought out the holiday box of wall art - I had fun deciding where to put things because every year has to be different. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment