Sunday, December 6, 2009

Happy 100th Birthday Grandma!

Today I was out of sorts and just thought it was because it's Sunday and I haven't really been home since Thursday night. I talked to my mom tonight and she reminded me that today was Grandma's birthday.

It's hard to believe she's been gone almost five years now. I miss her at odd times - wishing I would have asked her this or that. I loved hearing stories about her life growing up and when my mom was young.

The story I was thinking of recently was when she told me about a move she made. I thought it was with her parents. They had to move in the middle of the winter and they loaded the horse drawn sleigh with all the furniture and dishes. And here I thought moving now a days was a pain!

Thinking back to all the antique dishes that are still around I'm shocked that there are so many. Of course Grandma's father was a butter maker and they moved around a lot so that's probably why they didn't have as much or it could have been the 12 kids in the family.

Happy 100th Birthday Grandma - we love and miss you!

No comments: