This is one of Boyd's favorite meals. He frequently asks for it especially in the winter. I found it on Jeanette Lyton's blog and we've tweaked a few things to make it fit us.
Our version:
2 C water
2 C chicken broth - I found an instant broth that I love!
1 can white meat chicken - break up the meat
1 box spanish rice - I use uncle bens or rice a roni
1 can black beans rinsed
1 can rotel diced tomatoes with lime & cilantro
optional: 1 can corn
Put these items in the soup pot water, broth, chicken and rice and cook according to the rice instructions. Add the beans, tomatoes and corn and heat through. Stir in one large tablespoon of sour cream.
Serve with Tortilla chips.
Original recipe:
1 12.5 oz can chicken breast
1 can chicken broth
1 8.8 oz ready rice spanish style
1 10 oz can rotel diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro
1 15 oz can pinto beans
1 lg spoon sour cream
Pour chicken and broth into a soup pan. Break up chunks and bring to a boil. Add rice, tomatoes and beans with liquid in that order. Stir gently. When soup is hot stir in sour cream and serve with chips.
No comments:
Post a Comment