Saturday, December 4, 2010

December Daily

December 2 - Thursday
We found out that Marion is changing the name of their wrestling tourney to the "Loyd Shaffer Invitational" for my late brother in law ... it's bittersweet.

I decorated my desk at work and everyone is making fun of my tree. It's so not a Charlie Brown Tree .... I know I need pics.

December 3 - Friday
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. We had our first measurable snow for the season, really first more than flurries. Boyd was home and able to take the dogs out for a run. Buddie has always loved the snow and Emma....I guess she was fun to watch. Nose to the ground and tush in the air then flicking the snow and trying to catch it.

When I took them out for their nightly run they were both a site to see. Emma didn't realize that the cement was slippery and kept crashing. One time she was running full speed towards the top of the steps and hit the brakes a little too late. Slid across the top step and seemed like down the rest.

December 4 - Saturday
Four was the lucky number today. I went to the Christmas dinner with Mom at the senior center. I picked up my card and it was a 4 of diamonds .... Mom saw it and said you might win she picks the date a lot of times.

I actually started the day decorating a little and working on stockings and pjs. One stocking done and one done but taken apart. The Christmas movies were reruns so I did Netflix and watched Bones.

Since we had 2-3 inches of snow I *had* to run the snow blower to clear the driveway. Boyd was bummed that he wasn't able to do it. He loves that kind of stuff. I was just happy I was able to finish the drive way and steps in 30 mins so I could make it to Moms for the lunch.

Spent the afternoon playing outside with the dogs. Working on the stockings and putting finishing touches on the pjs. Started the last set .... thinking it's going to be too big so I'm holding off on finishing them.

Ended the day watching Farewell Mr. Kringle, drinking hot cider and falling asleep in the recliner. :)

No comments: