Wednesday, November 30, 2011

On the eve of December first

A bug has bitten me .... I can't seem to sit and relax in the evenings anymore. I am always on the go!

Christmas is coming and I want my house to be ready to welcome some holiday guests.

I finally have all of the back splash in the kitchen painted a lovely aqua color - 3 years after I started I'm back to the version 1 color I liked. It looks great with my current kitchen colors of blue (like the flag), apple red and Arizona tan (reminds me of a yellow in a sunset) colors. Plus it's moving me more towards the vintage farmhouse kitchen look I'm going for.

We still have some cleaning to do and I'm hoping that we will be done by the weekend so that I can take the time to decorate. I have lots of thoughts going through my head of what I want to do in the kitchen this year. It's been awhile since I did it up so I can't wait to go through the kitchen box. =)

Tonight I did a lot of random things (warm chex mix is so yummmy!) and ended up binding the scrapbook I'm putting together for my Thankful 2011 items. I had a lot of fun this year and really want to remember what I was thinking/feeling this fall. This should be a fun project, as I'm using some non traditional Thanksgiving colors. Now if I can only figure out how to add the dates since I don't have stamps to use. =( I guess I never realized that most stamp sets are missing numbers.

This project also got me thinking of a December daily. I want to do one but it never seems to work out like I want. I have a lot of trouble putting together the book before hand, even with all the great ideas out there. So I'm thinking of putting everything on the blog and then after I can take the time to make an album.

Thanks again to Martha for getting me back in the blogging grove, it's helped throughout my life!

1 comment:

Martha said...

Aw....she's not only got a bug...but seems she's got a fever...burning through the crafty-to-do list! Go, Karen, GO!