Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Day 22 & 23

Thankful day 22 .... I'll copy Martha and say books. I love to curl up and read. I haven't been doing it much lately, guess I need to hit the library. =)

Thankful day 23 .... I am so thankful for technology. From cell phones, computers, wireless technology and all of the other things I'm not thinking of. Today is happy new phone day for me. As I wandered around the cell shop waiting for all of my info to copy I found myself reaching for my phone to check facebook or read a book on the kindle app. Instead I left drool marks on the new fridges, washers, dryers, stoves and tvs that line the shop. ... that's something else I'm thankful for.

The small town stores where people know my name. Kind of scary when you walk in and a clerk walks up (past other people) to say hi, ask how we are doing and to say she was just telling someone she hadn't seen me for awhile. In the days of online payments and mailing a check, I like going to the store just to see smiling faces.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Ooo...good one. I too enjoy running into friends, neighbors and students at our local grocery store. It gives our suburb more of that small town feel!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!