Monday, November 28, 2011

Thoughts of Christmas

This weekend I started the big clean and began bringing out Christmas decorations for our bedroom. The main tree in our room is full of what I call anniversary ornaments. Each year I try to buy a 'couple' ornament - so far it's been animal couples.

As I slowly unwrapped each ornament, I looked at the year on the box and reminisced about where we were living or things that went on in the year. I was reminded of the happy days when we were first married, the struggle of loosing my dad just after our first Christmas as a married couple, the joy of moving into our house and almost forgetting to get our ornament.

When I reached the bottom of our box, I realized I didn't really want to put out my additional decorations. I'm in a keep it simple mode.

I also decorated the dogs tree. Ever since we've had Buddie I've gotten a frame for his picture so we could see how he's changed. Well I thought I've done that. Low and behold I have 3 ornaments of Buddie and none of Emma. The picture idea ended when Emma joined our family - I don't recommend getting a 7 week old puppy just before the holidays. My goal this week is to find some frames I can use and pics I can print to continue this tradition.

There are still more rooms to decorate, I'm definitely on a keep it simple kind of track. I want to put out the decorations that mean the most to us. And maybe I'll try to purge some as I go. I know I have more than enough decorations. =)

Over the last few weeks I've found myself working on craft projects and it's been fun! I love seeing an idea and being able to make it and sometimes put my own twist on it. Maybe if I get motivated I'll get some pictures to post.

I'm thinking of working on a December Daily album, not sure if it will fit into my plans but I'm feeling the need to document this holiday.

No comments: