Friday, October 19, 2012

The cocoon of home

How do we teach people to leave the cocoon of home?  How do we teach them to take that with them and go out on their own?

I love the fact that we both love our home and like to be there.  I'm noticing as we grow older we both just want to be at home.  Today I didn't even want to come to work, I just wanted to stay in the cocoon of home.

It's not the four walls of home, it's the family that's there that's hard to leave.  Even when the family brings me to work it's hard to get out of the car. 

I know it's the love and support that we have for each other that's hard to let go.  We need to figure out how to take that with us even when we are apart.  I'm really thinking of getting lockets or that new charm company necklace to have little bits of us, so we can always carry it with us.  Think I can get Boyd to wear one?


1 comment:

Martha said...

What a blessing it is that your home is the place where you most want to be! We're that way too! The idea of a locket sounds great!