Saturday, February 6, 2010

Growing up

I am the kind of person that thinks of myself as a kid at heart. I also feel like I've only been out of college a couple of years and I'm just starting out in life. My husband is the same way and I think that's why we click so much.

Anyway, I found a new movie channel G4 they play "movies that don't suck". This morning it's like reliving my teenage years. I was so excited when one of my favorite movies came on. As I started watching I realized that the movie is just sad. In a way it broke my heart.

The movie is Red Dawn. The adventures of high school students who beat a foreign army that invades their town.

In my teenage years I loved to see that 'we' could make a difference and save the world. Idealistic yes. The thought of something like that happening here, I knew I'd be one of the girls in the movie. Kickin ass and taking names. No one messes with me or my town.

Now I just think it's sad. Teenagers taking on that burden. The thought of my nephews doing that....it scares the bejeebes out of me. While it happens in other parts of the world. I hope that it doesn't happen here.

I couldn't even watch. I know I should look at it as a movie and not real life. In this day and age it's hard.

So that's my story of feeling like a grown up. One that I know in my heart I am. Also knowing that I don't like being forced to grow up in an instant.

No comments: