Saturday, February 27, 2010

Recipe: Hillbilly spaghetti pie

Sugar Pie Farm House... I've had the blog in my google reader for awhile now and I've enjoyed reading the posts. I love how she decorates and she has one of my all time favorite signs. "Pie fixes everything"

Today I was perusing her site and came across a recipe called Hillbilly Spaghetti Pie Luckily I had all of the ingredients here at home.

This was amazing! 10+ on our scale.

Creamy with a touch of spicy only because I went a little overboard on the red pepper flakes. This will probably be replacing regular spaghetti in our house. If your not into red pepper flakes, don't be afraid of them I went years without using them and now I fit them in whenever I can. The 1/4 tsp will add the slightest hint of spicy.

I did do a couple things different than her recipe (imagine that, right?). While I have several cast iron skillets they were Boyd's Moms and they need to be cleaned. So I just used one of my oven safe skillets.

On the ingredients all we had was angel hair pasta. I used around 4 servings from the Tupperware canister. I also used a 1 quart jar of my canned tomatoes which is a bit more than the recipe called for. I didn't adjust the liquids and thought it turned out great.

As a side note. Did you know that you can freeze whipping cream, half & half & milk? I highly recommend freezing in the portion size you'll be using. I thawed my whipping cream and now I have to figure out how to use the rest.

Happy Cooking!

No comments: