Christmas in July a Saturday edition.
Today was the big Ridiculous Day sale in my little town. Let's just say that I hit the jackpot.
I got most everything at the little gift/flower shop downtown. I think I picked up something for most major holidays and really stocked up on Christmas. :) The Hallmark store had a few more things to add to my collection. And the local thrift store, well I made a major score there.
For the last few weeks I've seen three big boxes of Christmas trees that were marked AS IS and were $5. They said they didn't know if they worked or all the parts were there. I finally had Boyd go with me so I could get help moving the boxes. I really wanted in that bottom box. I didn't know why but knew that I would love it.
We brought home a pre-lit flocked 7.5 ft tree. I know the neighbors thought we were totally crazy when I put up the tree in the driveway. All the pieces, a trunk that looks like a real tree and it lights up so nice!
I can not wait to decorate our home for the holidays!
2 comments:
WOW!! Sweet Score indeed!
I tried to comment on your other CIJ update but my internet connection timed out. I'm so happy to see you embracing this challenge...I figured holiday would get your mojo flowing. Had no idea it would be THIS rewarding for you! Was the tree the score at the Thrift store? Boyd must love you bunches and bunches to help enable you in such a big way!
Yup the tree was my major score at the thrift store. I'm still very excited about it!
And yes the challenge came just in time. Hoping to keep things rolling through the whole month. :)
Post a Comment