Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend wrapup

We had a great weekend. Kicked things off on Friday night with girl time. Munchies at a girlfriends house and lots of chatting!

Saturday was the big sale day in town and I blogged yesterday about all I came home with. Only I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a kit from the quilt shop. At the time I talked myself out of it because well I'm not a quilter. Granted if you checked my crafting bookcase you wouldn't believe it. I use to sew a lot and I've always held off from quilting because I know I will love it and want it all. But I digress. We spent the afternoon hanging out with the pups and taking a long afternoon nap. We love days like that!

I did craft a weathered Beach sign in the evening. Boyd always laughs, he went to bed early and woke up to the remnants of my crafting in the garage. Thankfully he's very understanding!

Today was just one of those great relaxing days. Nothing big on the agenda other than mowing at my mom's. Today I was really wishing I had that fabric to work on a little quilt. I'll get there someday!

Instead I worked on picking up the house, laundry, dishes and crafting another weathered beach sign. We decided on "Beach Dreamin". I know we don't really live by a beach. I can see the river outside my window but there are virtually no quotes about rivers.

I also spent some time in the craft area doing some general pick up and organizing. I'm not ready for scrapping but I did a mock up for a crafted Christmas card. I like it and at the same time I don't. I colored it with chalks and it's just to time consuming. I guess I should figure out who I'd be giving them to... a shorter list would make the project more fun!

Almost forgot the other big news - for me. I went through last years pictures and figured out what I want to print. That's been a huge block for me. I think I'm going to finish up the pj 365 that I'd started. It would really fit for most of the year. Not sure what I'll do when it comes to the time we adopted Emma the dog.


On a different note I need some advice/inspiration/kick in the butt to make a change in our house. On one of the hallway walls I have 9 12x12 picture frames. They've been there for 3 years now I think. Well I'm embarrassed to say for the last 2.5 years those frames have been filled with Halloween papers. Technically only one says Halloween the others are just spider webs and Halloween colors. When I started this I was planning to change out the papers with each season. That obviously didn't work out like I'd hoped.

I've thought about putting pictures of the 4 of us in the frames but that's not tripping my trigger. Also thought about filling them with cool papers, that doesn't thrill either of us. One thought I like but don't know quite how to fulfill is to put pictures of family (parents, grandparents, people who touched our lives) in the frames.

I've been through my scrapbook pages but the colors on all the pages I like weren't working out for the space or together.

Slowly but surely I'm wrapping up all the little loose ends around the house. :)

1 comment:

Martha said...

How are the boxes lined up on the wall? All in a row or 3x3? Or some other configuration. I've got a couple ideas that might work...I'll email you!

you are not only on a Holiday roll but I feel a real rise in your overall crafting mojo!

You are my inspiration!!!