Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful Day 1

A friend kindly reminded me that it's that time of year.  The time of year to be grateful or thankful for one thing a day until Thanksgiving.

Today I am copying her and saying I am thankful for Traditions.  For the new and the old. The familiar things we do and the new things we want to become traditions.

Already this year I've attended two ornament parties.  I hope that they become traditions, each year finding new ornaments to make and add to our collections.  Spending time with cousins and watching the little ones grow up, adding more complex ornaments to the list.


I'm also looking for a traditional meal to have on Halloween.  In the past we've had pizza, and last night we had an overnight egg casserole.  The casserole is easy to put together the night before and easy to finish up and put in the oven.

This year I also hope to get my family involved in picking what we are thankful for.  :)

1 comment:

Martha said...

I hear ya: so many friends have Halloween meal traditions and we never did. Now that the boys are too old for t-or-t, we are starting up the Halloween movie night tradition to ease the disappointment that their mama is mean and won't let them go out because I think they are too old.

Oo, I like the idea of family picking the gratitude for the day. Guest blogger featuring Emma, Buddy, or Boyd? That sounds fun! Thinking I could try to get Thing One or Thing Two to try their hand at blogging as well!