Today I am grateful that we live close enough to family that I could attend my nephews semi final state football game. We were some lucky fans that got to see the game in the local college dome so we were a toasty 70*. =)
The game ended in our favor, however it was the officiating was the worst I have ever seen possibly at any level. It was so bad I actually booed loudly - I never do that at high school games.
Back to the grateful - we were able to take my mom and it was fun seeing her watch the game and actually being able to see. She had cataract surgery on both eyes in the last month and can now see distances without glasses - she hasn't been able to do that since she was in the fifth grade.
My nephew played on kick offs and I think he was involved in several tackles during the returns. I am so proud of how much he's accomplished over the years. I remember when he was first starting out and didn't want to hit anyone. Now he digs in and does what he needs to.
* today heard that they play on Thursday at 10 AM - what the heck is the state athletic department thinking? Plus their school is in the state volleyball tournament. The girls play Thursday at 1:30 PM ..... the games are 50 mins apart - note to self stay off the road between the games from noon until 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment