We were all able to sleep in - so nice when the house is chilly and I don't want to get out of bed. Buddie even slept in and didn't want to get up when Boyd called him.
Once it warmed up we headed outside, an hour before the Iowa game started we started on the yard work. I'm so happy to have most of the dead plants taken out and the stock pile of leaves bagged. The yard is by no means perfect but it is good enough for me and now ready for winter.
The dogs and I spent the rest of the morning outside, enjoying the sun and playing with Madi. We were surprised by a visit from my cousin and her 2 kids. The dogs were great and the kids had fun playing with them. I think all 4 were tired and ready for a nap when they were done. =)

Then I did something I've been wanting to do for awhile. I took the shutters off the front of the house. All by myself except for disconnecting the door bell.
Before:

After:

Before:

After:
2 comments:
looks wonderful! I like the shutter-free look...the curb appeal is brighter!
Thanks! We think it makes the front look bigger. Only bummer is now I can't decorate the door way for Christmas.
Post a Comment