Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5th

It was a pretty average Monday at our house. I worked until 4, then ran some errands and Boyd worked the night shift.

While I was running my errands I looked around at the streets, side walks and grassy areas and thought to myself it sure doesn't feel like Christmas. It seems more like October or November. The temps are lower this week - mid to low 20s as the high. But we haven't had any significant snow fall. There were a few storms that left us with an inch or two but was quickly gone.

Don't get me wrong, my 30 min commute is so much easier. Especially with all the construction going on around J town. Where they are finally adding entrance and exit ramps. I so don't understand why it wasn't done when they originally built it.

The weather this year has just been a roller coaster. In September Mom and I went to Nathans football game bundled in winter coats and long johns because the temps were below freezing. Two weeks later I went to a game wearing a sweatshirt and jeans and was kind of hot.

As for my errands I went to Joann and got a new quilting ruler to help with Moms gift and some neat fallish fabric for the back of her gift so it can be dual purpose. Then I went to Kohls where I found Tetris for the Wii .... it's currently in my stocking, we'll see how long it stays there. That was my all time favorite game in the 90s. I also got another string of bead garland - it reminds me of what Mom uses on her tree and I've always loved.

Which reminds me I need to figure out which tree is getting tinsel... stay tuned

No comments: