Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7th

Another funky day in my life. I left for work and the car was sounding funny so I turned around and traded cars. Boyd was able to get the car in today and hundreds of dollars later, we have new tires and a few other techy car things. =)

With the late start it turned into a day I didn't feel like working so I took a half a day off.

I ended up doing a lot of busy work, and cleaning trying to get another room ready for decorations. while I didn't get everything done that I wanted, we took the afternoon off to make popcorn and watch a Christmas movie. It was a great day at home!

At one point my cleaning took me to the laundry room. I ended up cleaning off the washer and dryer just so I could add some decorations in the laundry room. I know I have a problem. But I saw this idea online and fell in love with the look. This is my version...
2011-12-07_12-28-27_357

I also put out a couple of settings of my christmas dishes on the peninsula. I'm hoping that will help us keep the counter clean. lol....
2011-12-05_22-13-04_825

We had pizza for supper and it smelled just like a restaurant we ate at as a kid. Supper yummy and now I have lunch for tomorrow. bonus!

Tonight I decided to work on Mom's place mats. I ended up getting the original 4 tops done. yay me! They turned out ok. Now I just need to layer and quilt. Maybe that will be a task for the weekend.

All in all it turned out to be a great day. Just the kind that I needed. A few projects done at home, crafting and it's not even time for bed.

No comments: