When we decided to start looking into moving here I kept coming across this house. Every time I would read the description and think that's not what we're looking for. Around Mother's Day we were in town and drove past the 'not right for us' house and there was an open house. The minute we opened the door I *knew* this was the house for us. I saw past the dated wallpaper, old neutral paint and knew I could make this into my home.
Only thing was it was really out of our price range. Mom really wanted us to move here and every few weeks she would call and say the house dropped to xyz price. I called a cousin and set up a viewing to make sure we weren't buying a lemon - only there was a crisis at work and I couldn't go. Boyd drove up and went to the viewing. They said it was a great house.
In October I walked into our trailer and listened to a message on the answering machine that a woman wanted to interview Boyd for a job at a non local hospital. I turned and looked at him and asked what this was about. Without me knowing he had applied for a job in the area we wanted to move. I was sooooo incredibly happy.
Then Mom called to say the house price had dropped again. It was finally in our price range. I called the realtor and talked about making an offer. I'd only been in the house once and decided I should probably look at it again. Didn't matter that I already had paint colors picked out for all of the main rooms.
So one Friday afternoon we drove up to see the house and after 3 hours in the house we ended up making an offer. I was so excited. We scrambled to get all of the paper work done, talked to my boss to switch to a telecommuter.
Needless to say we got everything done and purchased our first home in Nov 2004. We spent weeks pulling wallpaper and painting. My mom and aunt weren't too sure of the crazy colors I was using but they helped me out anyway. My brother tells me all the time that my living room is Harvest Gold. The tag says Arizona Tan and that's the story I'm sticking to. My kitchen is Liberty Blue - medium on the color scale but kind of bold - perfect for my Americana theme and my snowman collection in the winter. :D
We can't believe it's already been 4 years! So much done and so much left to do. From the beginning of the first project we knew in our heart that this was home.
No comments:
Post a Comment