Wednesday, November 26, 2008

26th Day of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for the law enforcement officers who patrol our highways and roadways. Along with me making it home safely.

I travel part of the Avenue of the Saints (highway that connects St. Louis, Missouri and St. Paul, Minnesota) everyday on my way to work and on my way home. There is an alternate route but the Ave is the quickest.

Tonight on my way home there was so much traffic, generally there are pockets of cars but mostly the two lanes going in my direction are clear. Tonight there were very few open pockets and most of the two lanes were full. With most of the license plates from out of state it was a little stressful for me. They tend to be the worst drivers going 10-15 mph over the speed limits.

I have driven in San Fransisco when there was a transit strike and while it made me uncomfortable it was OK. I hope that someday I can get back to that level of confidence. While I loved working from home, I regret that I basically stopped driving. When we traveled Boyd would drive and if I had errands I tended to wait until he could take me. Don't get me wrong I still drove but it was once a week or every couple of weeks compared to everyday.

I wish everyone safe travels and good times tomorrow!

No comments: