Tuesday, November 25, 2008

24th Day of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for...the little things that make me smile.

Today it's been
* having Boyd drive me to work just because and having Buddie come along for the ride.
* listening to Christmas Carols - with Boyd and at work
* having Boyd slip a chocolate chip cookie in my bag.
* seeing the sea shell on my work desk that I found on the beach the day of Dad's funeral. It reminds me that he's always with me.
* getting an email from a friend
* seeing my favorite ornaments on 3 of my trees
* having Boyd call me as he's coming home from getting coffee and telling me I need to come out so we can go for a ride to see the Christmas lights down town.
* talking to my mom
* having Buddie give me kisses when they picked me up from work. He rides strapped in the back seat, standing up with his head between us. Every time I leaned into him he would give me kisses. I love my Bubba!
* reading my favorite blogs and being inspired
* seeing my friends online.
* looking at my wedding ring & thinking of Boyd or our wedding day or our tree.
* thinking about Thanksgiving and seeing my family
* thinking of my Christmas List
* hearing Boyd tell me he loves me.
* feeling the softness of Buddies ears under my fingers.
* the taste of the fries we backed in the toaster oven for supper.
* the smell of the Christmas mix I have cooking on the stove - cinnamon, chives, bay leaf.

No comments: