Sunday, November 23, 2008

Our Tree

Photobucket

This is 'Our Tree' or the story of us tree.

It is decorated with the 9 'our first Christmas' ornaments that we received/I bought. My dad died just after Christmas and I guess I was a little confused about what I had and what I needed. The glass ball with the painting is my favorite. It has our names and our wedding date.

I also add our yearly Hallmark ornaments, we've been getting the one with two animals. I didn't notice one in the book this year so I'm not sure what we'll do. I love that Hallmark makes it easy, pick a theme and buy the ornament. No going everywhere to find something that will fit.

When we adopted Buddie I found a picture frame ornament with a blue bootie that said First Christmas. It was too cute to pass up so that's on the tree. Last year we did the Pluto frame from Hallmark. This year I got a simple silver frame with 2008.

My mom taught me that every tree needs a bird. It's something she was taught by her German grandma. The bird on this tree is very special to me (it's just above the big ball ornament). Mom gave it to me when I put up my first tree at college and my great grandma had given it to her. I've also added a pickle ornament which has become a tradition in our family. And a gold key, since we don't have a fire place Santa needs a magic key to get inside.

This is also my messy tree with lots of beads, ribbons and garlands. I am still looking for the perfect tree topper, right now it's just a big ribbon.

1 comment:

Menjiness said...

The is one pretty tree!!! I have heard the bird ornament before, but I wonder where because there are on German relatives in my family, lol.

Love the Tree!!!