Friday, November 13, 2009

Thanksgiving: Day 12

Today I am thankful for the sunrise.

Since the time change I get to see the sunrise most mornings unless of course I'm running late and then the sun is mostly up. =) I enjoy watching the bold strokes of the sunrise appear.

Today was a pink and purple majestic morning. It just felt like something wonderful was going to happen today! It's the first time this fall I've noticed these colors in the morning sky.

Usually I see a bright orange on the horizon with the peachy and pink streaks expanding up the sky line. I like the mornings when I see the big orange circle coming up over the horizon. It reminds me of the California sun, which on some mornings brings a Beach Boys song to mind but that's a topic for a different day.

Definitions:
California sun - The CA license plate kind of sun. Plus the sun always seemed bigger in CA.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Dom's been photographing sunrises lately on his blog. I teased him "are you doing 30 days of sunrise challenge?" and he grinned and said "well, I hadn't thought about it that way, but maybe I will?"

For yes...there is something special and warming that comes with a beautiful sunrise!

Glad you started your day by soaking it in for just a few extra minutes!