Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving: Day 22

Today I am thankful that we are hosting Thanksgiving this year.

I try my best to be a good house keeper and well things get the best of me. When I host events we do major cleaning and picking up. And this time rather than dumping everything in the spare room I'm trying to put things where they go. Yet again I'm making the pledge to myself and my husband, to keep my home picked up and to put things away when I'm done with them.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any tried and true ideas for getting better at this? Fly lady doesn't work for me.

~Karen

2 comments:

Janiece said...

hmmm...you already know I have this problem!!! Let me know when you find the answer!!! =)

Martha said...

I just really try to remember how good we all feel and function when the house is in order...so that on those days/evenings when I'm inclined to just sit instead of do a quick 15 minute pick up, I reflect back on that good feeling of the house in order and I set the timer for 15 minutes.

That's about all that I got out of Fly Lady: is knowing that you can accomplish a lot in a short amount of time if you are aware of what you are doing and why.

Good Luck and enjoy your holiday with family!