Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thanksgiving: Day 6

Thankful for our wonderful neighbors.

I've had a busy day. Started out deep cleaning our bedroom, first half of the bath room and vacuuming the bedroom, bathroom and hallway. Which means I've stuck to my Christmas cleaning plans. Yeah me!

Then I started on a marathon of laundry. 4 loads of sheets and comforters - the stock pile got a bit smaller. Plus two loads of our clothes.

We watched a disappointing Iowa game. They came out of the gates and it looked like a great game. But it really hurts when the starting QB is injured early in the game. Our second string is a red shirt freshman and he looked it. Knowing we have a difficult game next week I'm hoping they can blow off their first loss in 13 games.

Before the game was even over I was out getting setup to put up the rest of the Christmas lights on the back garage. It was 70 something out and it was wonderful! I had to talk Boyd into helping me - I didn't feel comfortable going up the ladder by myself. Next thing I know the neighbor two houses down came up with Buddies bud, Charlie. He was offering to put up the lights for me. I told him I was ok and continued working. Once I rounded the corner, next thing I knew he was standing on the ground putting up more hooks and Boyd was following hanging up the lights. :) Team work at its best.

Oh and just so you know my hubby is afraid of heights. Usually anything over the third rung and it's up to me. It's ok as long as the ladder isn't fully extended and I don't have to get off.

After a quick afternoon nap, I'm feeling like Boyd did last week. No fever that I can tell but feeling pretty yucky. Hope it passes quickly...next week is very busy.

1 comment:

Janiece said...

I'm thankful for your blog and when you do the daily posts. I enjoy reading the blogs I follow and like finding new entries.

Hope you feel better soon!
J