Sunday, November 15, 2009

Thanksgiving: Day 14

Today I am thankful for our home.

Photobucket

It's hard to believe that we have lived here for 5 years. We took possession on Nov 5, 2004 at 6 PM and did a lot of wall paper stripping and painting. I don't remember when we officially moved - I keep thinking it was Thanksgiving week but I know we hosted Thanksgiving with my family at Noon. (I know that happened because it's in my scrapbook. =) I cooked my first turkey which was an experience. And after lunch we headed to CR to be with Boyd's family. I think that's the only time we've attempted both families in the same day. It was just too much at least that year with the move and everything.

Looking at the pictures in our 2004 album I can't believe how much our house has become a home. We upgraded the plastic green lawn chairs at the dining table for real chairs. We've added so much furniture - a lot was given to us by family and some we've purchased. Of course I've had fun decorating. I love pulling out my holiday decorations and thinking of different places and ways to use them.

I will say after 5 years I am still in love with our wall colors. People told me that the colors I was using were too bold and I would be tired of them within a year. I think all of those people have all white walls. Most of the main level is Behr Arizona Tan my brother calls it Harvest Gold. The kitchen is Liberty - it's a great Blue color. I know at some point the colors will be old but until then I'll enjoy them.

We still have a wish list on what we want to do inside the house. Some things are new additions and others have been there since we moved in. Who knows what we will actually accomplish, all I know if this will always be our first home and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

~ Karen

No comments: