Friday, November 14, 2008

14th Day of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful that my mom has a key to our house and lives close by.

I got home from work and put the car in the garage. Decided to head out and see about meeting friends for drinks. Decided not to stop for drinks since the Goat's parking lot was full. Came home and attempted to open the door...nothing. Tried the keypad and it just flashed red at me.

So I called mom to see about getting her key and was so happy to remember the screen door was unlocked. Otherwise I would have been totally locked out of the house and wouldn't had to wait for Boyd to get home with the other garage remote and hope that that door still opened.

Technology is so......frustrating.

1 comment:

Martha said...

Ack! That's a fear of mine as well...that the garage door won't open! Thanks for the reminder to make sure that I have the storm door key on my key ring in addition to the house key (I think I do, but it is so seldom we come in through the locked front doors).

Technology is a blessing and sometimes a blessed nightmare (when it's not doing what it is supposed!)