Tuesday, November 18, 2008

18th Day of Thanksgiving

Today I am thankful for books and living in a country where for the most part books aren't banned.

I enjoy reading and I love going to my local library. Along with the books they have some good eye candy behind the desk. ;)

I tend to read a lot of romance and every once in awhile I try to branch out. Sometimes it works well and others not so good. My biggest problem is getting so interested in a book that I forget about life outside the book. Buddie has had to growl and bark many times to draw my attention away so that he can eat, go outside or play. I am doing better about not staying up all night reading. Last week I was up until midnight and finally put the book down.

Some of my favorite authors are (in no particular order):
- Janet Evanovich
- Sandra Brown
- Jennifer Cruise
- Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Susan Mallory - new find
- Debbie Macomber
- the food based mysteries
- Janet Dailey
- Rita Mae Brown
- Jennifer (?) Anderson
- Rachel Gibson

2 comments:

Menjiness said...

I love the smell of books. Eye candy is not bad either *wink*

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm......I'm envious. Sometime I will read a book that isn't covered with pictures....=)