Today I am thankful for my marriage and how well Boyd and I work together.
He surprised me by taking me to work today. It's been along time since we've done that. I enjoy being able to sit back and watch the scenery while he does the driving. Today I saw three deer eating in a park by our house. I leave for work around 6 so it's still pretty dark but they were illuminated by a street light. It was a little foggy and drizzling a bit so they looked gray and almost glittery.
And after work it was the simple case of running errands and him being patient enough to wait for me. He said he enjoys being able to people watch. I like knowing that he's waiting for me and I can share my treasures when I get to the car.
Of course we had to go to the local thrift shop because it's half price Thursday. And I found 2 Pfaltzgraff Snow Village plates for 1.50 each. I'm so excited we have everyday Christmas plates and I'm well on my way to an eclectic Christmas table. Plus I scored a blue glass with a white Christmas scene and it was only 50 cents. It's going to be a great glass for our bathroom. They still have the three Holly Hobby glasses and someday I might get two.
I also got a great gift for Boyd but Shhh don't tell. =) I can't wait to surprise him. I love sneaking stuff in the car when he's there.
There were also several treasures that I left in the store. I'm starting to be intrigued by primitive decorating. I think several aspects would fit in great with my western stuff and help make it a little more girly. I just need to give myself so boundaries. Just cause something is prim doesn't mean I NEED it.
1 comment:
I'm jealous that you live so close to Trinkets and Togs!
Can you keep an eye out for a pot for a 4 cup Mr. Coffee? Ours has a chip in it..and a new pt costs almost as much as the whole coffee maker!
Miss our wander round stores for hours days!!
Post a Comment